1. Please keep the receipt after the remittance, and present the receipt to the ticket counter on the day of boarding. You will receive the full ticket after paying the balance.
2. If you are boarding at Taitung, please collect your ticket from the Fugang Fishing Port; if you are boarding at Houbi Lake, please collect your ticket from the ticketing counter of the Tempus Resort Kenting by the Houbihu Fishing Harbor. Please arrive at least 30 minutes in advance and present an identity document (for every passenger) and proof of deposit remittance to collect your ferry ticket.
3. In case of force majeure such as natural disasters, strong wind and waves, the ferry operator reserves the right to change or cancel the itinerary (the deposit will be refunded in full after deducting the remittance fee).
Green Island Star-
If the reservation is canceled 0-7 days of the date of departure, the deposit will not be refunded; if the reservation is canceled within 8-14 days, 15% of the deposit will be refunded; if the reservation is canceled within 15-21 days, 50% of the deposit will be refunded; if the reservation is canceled within 22-31 days, 75% of the deposit will be refunded; if the cancellation is made before 32 days, the deposit will be refunded in full. (The remittance fee will be deducted from the refund).
I. Terms of cancellation
1. If the reservation is canceled within 0-3 days of the date of departure, the deposit will not be refunded, but the ticket can be extended until the end of September of the same year. A service charge equivalent to 10% of the total amount of the single order will be deducted.
2. If the reservation is canceled within 4-28 days of the date of departure, a service charge equivalent to 10% of the total amount of the single order will be deducted.
3. If the reservation is canceled within 29 days of the date of departure, a service charge of NT$100 will be deducted.
II. Terms of cancellation for reduced passenger number for Gold Star
1. If the reservation is canceled within 7 days of the date of departure, a service charge equivalent to 10% of the total amount of the return ticket will be deducted per person.
2. If the ticket is changed to a single ticket within 7 days of the date of departure (including on-site registration), a service charge equivalent to 10% of the total amount of the return ticket will be deducted.
3. The deposit will not be refunded if the number of passengers registering on-site is decreased on the day of departure.
- The only form of public transport on Lanyu is the bus (four buses daily), hence transportation is somewhat inconvenient. The backpackers inn does not provide shuttle service, so we advise you to rent a scooter or car to make your journey more convenient.
- Our partnering car rental operator is “Jia Jia Rentals”, which offers vehicle pick-up/return service at the harbor or airport, as well as luggage transfer service.
If you need to book your ferry ticket + scooter together, please click on the following link directly to do so, you don't have to book a scooter separately.
- If you need to book your ferry ticket + scooter together, please click on the following link directly to do so, you don't have to book a scooter separately.
Vehicle rental fees:
- Scooter NT$500 per scooter per day
- Car NT$2,000-2,500 per car per day * Please contact us via LINE (@adi4988w) if you need to rent a car.
- One day refers to 24 hours; more than 24 hours will be considered as an additional half day. Payment are to be made when picking up the vehicle.
Picking up a vehicle:
- Picking up a vehicle from Kaiyuan Port - Please search for the “Jia Jia Rentals” van after disembarking from the ferry.
- Picking up a vehicle at the airport - Please wait in the lobby, the rental company will contact you to pick up your vehicle.
Luggage transfer service
If you have rented a vehicle from our partnering rental company “Jia Jia Rentals”, you are entitled to a complimentary luggage transfer service between the port/airport and the backpackers inn. If you stay in a different hotel for the outbound or return journey, you should ask if the rental company can transfer your luggage.
We suggest handing over your luggage to the rental company when picking up your vehicle. You are reminded to remove valuables or items that you will be needing right away before the luggage is transferred. Luggage transfer may take up to 1-2 hours.
Return trip luggage collection time. Important: Please place your luggage in the 1F luggage area of the inn before 7:00 (for morning ferries/flights) and 10:00 (for afternoon ferries/flights). If your return flight is the first flight in the morning, luggage transfer service will be unavailable, and you need to transfer the luggage yourself. The luggage transfer service will not wait for latecomers, so please place your luggage according to the above mentioned time and location.